If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
- “Dental Practice” means an independent dental practice, which has entered into a contractual management arrangement with Soothing Dental, Inc. and is affiliated with the Soothing Dental Cooperative, and listed on the Soothing Dental Site (www.soothing.dental), which is subject to change from time to time.
- “Soothing Dental, Inc.” means a management company that has entered into contractual arrangements with Dental Practices and administers the Soothing Dental Cooperative, and is not a professional services corporation and does not provide any dental or other licensed dental or healthcare services.
- “Soothing Dental Cooperative” means an affiliation of independent family care dental practices, which are managed by Soothing Dental, Inc.
What information do we collect, and how?
We may collect certain identifying information from or about you in connection with your use of or submissions to the Site, including, but not limited to, your name, address, date of birth, email addresses, health information, health plan (“Plan”) information and credit card number (together, “Collected Information”). Any health information about you will be collected in the course of providing services to you via the Site and telephone consultations. Our use of such health information is governed by our Notice of Privacy Practices. In addition, we may retain the content of, and metadata regarding, any correspondence you may have with us or our representatives, regardless of the mode of communication by which such correspondence was made. This information helps us to improve the Site and the online content, materials, and services that we make available on the Site, and to more effectively and efficiently respond to both current and future inquiries.
Technologies such as: cookies or similar technologies, are used by Soothing Dental, our marketing and analytics partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
How will we use the information you provide us?
In addition to the uses described above or in our Terms and Conditions of Use, we may use the information that we collect from or about you to analyze and improve the content, materials and services that we make available on the Site, to notify you of changes made to the Site, to evaluate user needs and customize the Site content delivered to you according to those needs, to send you promotional materials that you request from us, and for other legitimate and lawful business purposes. If you contact us for support or assistance, we may use information about you or your system that you provide or that we collect for purposes such as verifying whether your system meets the minimum requirements needed to use the Site and our various services. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may store Collected Information in the United States, or we may transfer it to other countries.
If you wish to subscribe to our promotional emails, we will use your name and email address to send them to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at email@example.com.
In the event you and/or your Company choose to post, disclosure, or upload any personal information, including medical and dental information or biometric data, such as photographs or other images, on the Site, you agree that such information shall not be subject to our Notice of Privacy Practices, and you acknowledge your authority to provide this information and you authorize the further dissemination of this information by any person or party, including Soothing Dental, without your notice or consent.
Using SMS, MMS and Other Text Messaging?
Some of our services may allow you to receive SMS, MMS or other text message notifications from us (each, a “Text Message”). To the extent you voluntarily opt to have Text Messages from us sent directly to your mobile phone, the following terms apply:
- In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your mobile provider’s standard message and data rates may apply to our confirmation Text Message and all subsequent Text Message correspondence according to your individual rate plan provided by your wireless carrier. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for browsing data and sending and receiving Text Messages. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any text messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number. If your carrier does not permit text alerts, you may not receive the Text Messages from us. You can opt out of receiving any further Text Messages from us by replying “STOP” to any Text Message you receive from us.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any Text Messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. Text Message services are provided on an “AS IS” basis. Data obtained from you in connection with any Text Message services may include your cell phone number, your provider’s name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the Services you request from us.
- By providing us with your wireless phone number, you confirm that you want us to send you information that we think may be of interest to you to such phone number, which may include using automated dialing technology to send you Text Messages at the wireless number you provided.
With whom do we share the information we collect?
We may share Collected Information with our authorized agents in order to provide services to you, and for any other lawful business reasons. If all or part of Soothing Dental is sold, merged, or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer Collected Information to such entity as part of that transaction. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. In certain situations, Soothing Dental, Inc. may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We may disclose Collected Information to the proper authorities if we become subject to a subpoena or court order or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information, such as bankruptcy proceedings. We may also use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as permitted by law and only as necessary to provide these services to us.
What choices do you have?
When corresponding with Soothing Dental or our representatives, or when making a request for information or otherwise interacting with us or others through the Site, you choose what information to supply, what questions or comments to submit, whether you wish to receive further information, and by what method of communication such information should be delivered. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate. You are under no obligation to provide us with personally identifiable information, but without it we may not be able to provide you the products or services you request. You may contact us as indicated below if at any time you would like to ask us about our data collection practices and our information security policy.
Upon request Soothing Dental, Inc. will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personally identifiable information (“PII”) changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend your PII, delete inaccuracies or deactivate your web accessible account by calling us at (855) 996-9337. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
How do we protect information collected about you?
Our commitment to your privacy
Soothing Dental, Inc.
1161 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94103
Telephone: (855) 996-9337
If you have a question that is dental in nature, about how our process works, or about service-related issues, please call us at (855) 996-9337 and speak with a patient care specialist.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND CONSENT TO OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES AND TO THE USES AND DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE Terms and Conditions of Use APPLICABLE TO YOU.
Updated November 27, 2017 Soothing Dental, Inc.
Copyright © 2017 Soothing Dental, Inc.
"Highly recommend this dental office. Very friendly staff. Dentist provides all necessary info you need and has patience to explain it all to you. They offer free Uber rides for visits so ask about that."
"I been going to soothing dental for the past 3 years and I am never disappointed. The staff is friendly. The dental hygienist is amazing. She always does a fantastic job on my teeth cleaning."
"By far the best customer service ever that I have been to the Dentist. Edith was beyond great and breaking down my treatment plan, and Emma was great with me. Very much recommended."