Ozone Dental Therapy
Ozone dental therapy has become a game-changer in the dentistry world. Many patients are making use of this unique molecule to access a range of effective dental treatments.
What is Ozone Dental Therapy?
Ozone dental therapy is the practice of applying ozone to the patient in the form of gas, water, or oil. This can be used to treat:
- Tooth decay: Ozone has powerful antibacterial properties that can help to slow down cavity growth. This prevents small cavities from growing in the pits and fissures of teeth. Preventing tooth decay is one of the most important jobs for any dentist – something that ozone application can help to achieve.
- Disinfecting: Ozone can also be applied to areas of tooth decay that lie underneath tooth restorations. This can help to effectively disinfect these areas.
- Periodontal disease: Periodontal disease, or gum disease, is the most common oral condition that dentists deal with. Ozone can help to disinfect areas of gum disease, which can prevent the spread of chronic gum infection in the mouth.
- Endodontics: Root canal therapy is a common endodontic treatment, where the dentist treats infected pulp tissue inside a tooth. Ozone can be used to help disinfect the pulp, as well as infected tissues around the tooth’s root.
- TMJ Pain: Issues with the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) can cause serious jaw pain. Ozone injections have been known to reduce and relieve symptoms of patients experiencing TMJ pain.
- Other: Ozone is also used in a variety of other ways to treat oral infections. This includes treating infected tissue in the mouth, treating sinus infections, and treating viral or fungi-induced lesions.
Getting Started with Ozone Therapy
If you are experiencing minor tooth decay or oral discomfort, then ask our office about ozone dental treatments, a smart and effective way to improve your oral health.